Village Victorian was built in the mid 1800's. In 1896 the porch was added as shown in the picture. In 1976, Dick and Rita Parsons purchased the home and raised two children. After their children grew up and moved out, Dick and Rita saw a need for lodging in Dresden because of the increased tourist activity associated with the Longaberger Co. So in the spring of 1992 they opened their home to the public as the Village Victorian Bed and Breakfast. This was the first B&B in Dresden and Muskingum County. They started out with two rooms and then by 1996 they had four rooms as they added onto the back of the house for their living quarters. This kept the original house available for guests. From 2003 to 2013, Rick and Sherry Spragg took over the operation of the Dresden Village Victorian B & B. In 2013, Ron and Yvonne Hammond purchased the Village Victorian Bed and Breakfast with the intention of fulfilling Yvonne's dream to open a Scrapbook retreat. The Village Victorian Scrapbook Retreat opened in August 2013.
The rounded porch was added in 1896
Village Victorian Scrapbook Retreat